Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You Learn Something New Everyday!

Well I've not had too much time for hunting and freebie finding the past few days, and what I have found I have not thought enough of to share. Nere is on vacation, so I'm left to my own devices. I thought it would be fun to share a sl tip I just learned instead of a usual post.

It still amazes me how much I don't know after playing this game several years. Soooo, you may know this (smartie pants) or maybe (yay!) your going to learn a little something something.

Here's a neat trick to find out where an object is from that is being WORN. Now, normally you click on someone's hair, shoe, shirt, etc. you only get the option to send them an im, mute them, check out their profile etc. But now you can find out where they may have gotten something just like you are able to any other non-attached prim.

Step 1: Click on the "Build" button at the bottom of the screen.


Step 2: Click on the object you want to know more about (in my example her hair). Then when the pie menu appears click on "more".


Step 3: On the next pie menu select "inspect".

Step 4: The inspection menu appears (this lists EVERY prim in the object) but the root prim (with the name and creator) appears first!
Now you can amaze your friends!! or find out where something is from if you just don't feel like being bothered to ask the person who is wearing it! This only works on prim attachments (not sure if there is a secret way of finding out the others). Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment